SBI! Action Guide

Monday, August 25, 2008

And So We Begin

Not wanting my blog to be all full of flash forwards and flash backs, tonight I began working on an outline of what I have been doing as an Internet Marketing Newbie, up to this point. If the whole point of this blog is to be a record from the beginning, I figured I'd better start at the beginning!

Just a little more than a year ago, my husband and I had the joy of selling our business after having developed, created and run it for over 15 years. We scaled down, packed up, and moved from living on beautiful wooded waterfront acreage, to living in the balmy climate of the Gulf Coast. For all practical purposes we are now "retired". To clarify though, we're a couple of "not ready for the rocking chair" type of retirees. There is still plenty of living to do, places to discover, and new things to learn. Oh, and a lot of odds and ends that we have realized we can live without and want to get rid of.

During our short time being retired, we have enjoyed ourselves, and relished having the freedom to do what we want, when we want to. In fact, now that we have enjoyed our first year of time-off, we've started thinking of how we could make a little extra income. With the recent changes in the economy, it started us thinking. Of course you never know what tomorrow will bring, and with that, can you ever really feel that you are totally "prepared"? Completely through trying to add "a little bit more" to your nest egg? We both enjoy working on our computers and with our past business, feel comfortable being online. So, what could we do on our computers, online, working from home to create a bit of an income stream? Little did I know, my husband would come up with an idea that would start this whole ball rolling!

3 comments:

D. Buxton said...

Congratulations! You are off to a grand adventure and have made a great start with this blog. I look forward to reading your developments!

Tammy said...

Hey Annie,

I think your blog has some good topics here. :)

You will learn a lot by writing down your progress in Internet marketing. I look forward to reading your future posts. ;)

Annie T. Baxter said...

I never properly thanked you both for sharing such encouraging comments. So "THANK YOU"!! My slow progress in recording all that I have been doing will hopefully get caught up to "real time" soon. I wish I didn't have to sleep, for I could work on this business day in and day out!

Until next time...
Annie