SBI! Action Guide

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Update on Make Your Content PRE-Sell by SBI

Like the Duracell Bunny, I'm "still going"!

Up to page 100, though I'll add that I've taken a break to begin reading a book directly related to my niche for my future website. Last night I began reading the Content book again.

Did you know that there is a suggested maximum number of sentences per paragraph, when creating your web pages? I didn't know that.

How about how to create pages of content that actually guide your reader's eyes along the page?

These tidbits of information are part of what I've learned from the E-Book. One thing I'm so glad of is that I am learning all this before I invest the time to write my website content. It's not like we learned in English class...not by a long shot. Writing for the internet is way different.

Do you sometimes find it difficult to get started writing when you are creating for the internet? Could be for an article or web page. One little thing I learned is to picture your customer right in front of you. So, don't write for "the masses", but write for just one person. If you are still stuck...just start talking out loud, like you are having a conversation, but type as you talk. You can always go back and edit later.

Later in the chapters the book teaches about the importance of editing, cleaning, paring, reworking and finally, when you are totally sure, publishing your web page. There are actually 14 steps given to guide you with this process.

As well as we all think our writing and grammar blend, it's not always easy to remember the "rules"...or at least, not for me. There are plenty of examples offered to remind you of what you once knew!

Along the way there are lessons that seem so simple, but really, are great nuggets of construction advice. My favorite is when you are developing a web page, stay focused on ONE profitable, specific keyword. Always stay on topic.

Some of the concepts are repeated throughout the course, but not in an obnoxious way. The way the book presents the information, it feels like layers are built, revisited, reinforced and then learned.

Overall, I'm learning a lot and looking forward to putting it into practical use with my future website.

No comments: